1150 Eastern Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95864
History of Valley Oak Park
The 1974 Master Plan recommended that a neighborhood park be considered on the playground area of the school district’s Eastern Avenue adult education facility. The district fully supported retaining the three baseball diamonds, developed by little league supporters, and an existing nature area on the property. This site was originally referred to as Eastern Avenue Park.
In February 1984, after the school district declared the school surplus to its needs, Mission Oaks purchased this site from the school district through the Naylor Act, for $335,520. The park is approximately 10.2 acres of the entire school site, which included all the open space and half the paved parking area. The school building and the other portion of the parking lot were purchased from the school district by River Oak Center for Children, Inc. (formerly known as Re-Ed West), a private, non-profit school.
This neighborhood park is 10.2 acres. Valley Oak Park is open to the community from sunrise to sunset. When visiting the park, all dogs must be on a leash. For field rentals, visit https://www.morpd.com/field-rentals.
- Ball Diamonds
- Nature Area