The Purpose of the Citizens Oversight COmmittee is to:
The purpose of the Committee is to inform the public at least annually concerning the expenditure of assessment district proceeds approved by the Advisory Board, by issuing a written report.
The duties of the Citizens Oversight Committee are to:
1. Review Expenditures. The Committee shall review the proposed budget produced by the District to (a) ensure that Assessment District Proceeds are expended only for purposes as set forth in the Assessment District ballot measure; and (b) make recommendations to the Advisory Board on all matters pertinent to the acquisitions, improvements and maintenance services funded by the Assessment District.
2. Present Annual Report. The Committee shall present to the Advisory Board an annual written report which shall include the following:
(a) A statement indicating whether the proposed Assessment District expenditures are in compliance with the requirements as set forth in the Assessment District ballot measure Engineer’s Report.
(b) A statement indicating whether the prior fiscal year Assessment District expenditures are in compliance with the requirements as set forth in the Assessment District ballot measure Engineer’s Report. Said statement shall include a summary of the prior fiscal year Assessment District expenditures.
Committee Members: Nick Bloise
For more information visit: Citizen Oversight Committee
The mission of the Facilities Committee is to:
1. Oversee the preparation of a Master Plan that establishes a vision for the desired future of the District.
2. Work with the staff, consultants, and stakeholders in updating the existing Master Plan.
3. Hold public meetings and forums to obtain community input for facility improvements.
4. Provide oversight of the District’s Master Plan, ensuring that the Plan objectives are being implemented.
5. Recommend annual and multi-year priorities for Master Plan projects.
6. Monitor the use and maintenance of District facilities for the benefit of existing and future users.
Committee Members: Director Michael Alcalay and Director Robert Evans
For upcoming/past meeting dates and agendas visit: Facilities Committee Meetings
The mission of the Finance Committee is to:
1. Assist staff with the preparation of a Preliminary and Final District Budget for the upcoming year and oversee the management of all expenses and revenue.
2. Prepare recommendations to the board semi-annually relative to mid-year budget adjustments.
3. Identify areas of the District’s finance operations and affairs that should be reviewed and make recommendations.
4. Make recommendations for the expenditure of funds as may be required from time to time.
5. Work to ensure that the organization is in, and remains in, good fiscal health.
6. Work to ensure the District has appropriate internal controls and conducts proper financial analysis.
7. Review financial records for completeness and accuracy, oversee proper use of resources, and report any concerns to the Board.
Committee Members: Director Michael Alcalay and Director Brian Bannister
For upcoming/past meeting dates and agendas visit: Finance Committee Meetings
The mission of the Finance Committee is to:
1. Ensure that the District’s visitor and participant experience is superior and that it promotes the District’s strategic mission.
2. Recommend on the strategy for agency-wide marketing and communication efforts and continue to identify new opportunities for promotion and outreach.
3. Promote a visitor and participant experience that emphasizes environmental sustainability and ensures that programs in this area are financially responsible and sustainable.
Committee Members: Director Brian Bannister and Director Pati Brown Todd
For upcoming/past meeting dates and agendas visit: Recreation Committee Meetings
The mission of the Personnel Committee is to:
1. Identify and promote beneficial personnel practices and resources.
2. Make recommendations regarding the compensation and benefits of District staff.
3. Participate in interviewing candidates for filling vacant management positions as requested by the District Administrator.
4. Ensure the creation and realization of management development plans, diversity initiatives, and succession plans to support long-term strategic objectives.
5. Report and make recommendations to the Board on personnel related matters.
Committee Members: Director Robert Evans and Director Jeff Rothberg
For upcoming/past meeting dates and agendas visit: Personnel Policy Committee Meetings