Who Is MOTAB?
The Mission Oaks Teen Advisory Board or (MOTAB) is comprised of students, ages 14-18 who serve the community within the Mission Oaks Recreation and Park District. The board gives teens an opportunity to help with various aspects of the district such as recommendations, event and program assistance, and community engagement. Board members will also establish committees that will create and work on projects and events throughout the year. The board will be comprised 12 members: 4 voted positions listed below and 8 officers.
What We Do
- Engage with park and recreation district staff to create programs, events and projects that are teen based and serve the community in a positive way.
- Learn a variety of different skills and leadership techniques.
- Create plans of action to engage more teens within the district.
- Plan and run their own meetings.
- With Mission Oaks Recreation and Park District support, the board will create and run 2-3 special events throughout the board year.
To be eligible for a board position, applicants must:
- Attend a School within the District boundaries.
- Commit to a one-year term from September 2023 to May 2024.
- Attend meeting once every month, 1 to 2 hours, time/date will be decided by the board.
Officer positions on the Board that are voted in at the first MOTAB Meeting:
- One elected Chair (President)
- One elected Vice Chair
- One elected Secretary
- One elected Programming Officer