CARE Program is an all-day youth recreation program offered during the San Juan Unified School District School Year. The morning portion of the program will include time for distance learning, zoom meetings and silently working on school material. Staff is unable to teach distance learning but will help facilitate connecting participants with their distance learning programs and meetings. The afternoon portion of the program includes recreation based play and activities including active and passive games and crafts. One program site is provided, with limited registration available. Please read the important program information below.
Please call Rodney Dahlberg at (916) 359-1197
Mission Oaks Community Center- 4701 Gibbons Dr. in Carmichael
1st-6th grade students
Registration is very limited in this program due to restrictions in place for COVID-19. Registration will be initially taken on a first come-first serve basis for the first session (Aug. 31 – Sept. 25). For future sessions, current participants are given priority, then we will pull participants from our waitlist. Sign up for all waitlists you are interested in attending and qualify for.
4 week session: $700 (Free/Reduced Lunch - $350)
7 week session: $1225 (Free/Reduced Lunch - $612.50)
* Limited spaces are available for children on Free/Reduced Lunch Assistance. SJUSD Lunch letters, EBT, WIC or medi-cal cards are also accepted. Proof must be emailed to Jill at email@example.com within 24 hours of registration. Call Jill at 916-488-2892. for more information.
* Session dues are to be paid in whole upon registration. Prorated fees will not be available for this program.
2020 Sessions: Session 1 & 2 are four weeks. Session 3 is seven weeks.
· Session 1: 8/31 – 9/25 * no program 9/7
· Session 2: 9/28 – 10/23 * no program 10/5
· Session 3: 10/26 – 12/18 * no program 11/11, 11/13, 11/23 - 11/27
Mission Oaks CARE HandbookExample Schedule