Updated July 14, 2020 at 4:00pm
The State of California issued a new order on July 13 that took effect at 3:00pm on July 14. The order pertains primarily to indoor businesses. For Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District it will delay when we can begin fitness classes in our community centers. The below list reflects our current operating status. Click the links below for the details related to the July 13 order from the State of California and the County of Sacramento:
These cancellations and closures are in effect until until further notice, and are subject to change:
· All building rentals and picnic rentals.
· All van trips
· The Mission Oaks Community Center is closed to the public, and classes and clubs held there are cancelled.
· The Senior Meals program
· The Swanston Community Center is closed to the public, and classes and clubs held there are cancelled.
· Pickleball and Tennis classes
* The Splash Park at Swanston Park
* The new order allows the opening of day camps. Five Mission Oaks summer camp sites were opened on Monday, June 22.
Athletic Field Rentals:
* The new order allows MORPD to rent and permit athletic fields for youth sports drills and conditioning. It does not allow for youth sports games, scrimmages, or simulated games. Guidelines must be submitted and followed by the renting agency. Athletic field rentals are not yet allowed for adult sports.
Community Centers and District Office:
* The Swanston Community Center and the Mission Oaks Community Center will be made available for summer camps through August 7.
* The community centers are closed to the public. All classes, clubs, rentals and events are cancelled until further notice.. We are planning a safe opening strategy to begin introducing classes back to our community centers when it is deemed safe to reopen.
* Our District Office is open by appointment only on weekdays from 8:30am - 4:30pm. To make an appointment, please contact Debra Tierney, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 359-1601.
These programs follow the schedule of the San Juan Unified School District, and will be closed until further notice. Announcements for these and other day care programs are expected by the end of July :
· Afterschool Adventures
Park Operations: All MORPD parks remain open from dawn to dusk, but these facilities within the parks are now closed until further notice:
· Futsal Court
· Basketball Courts
These park facilities are open:
* Pickleball Courts at Eastern Oak Park
* Tennis Courts at Ashton Park, Gibbons Park, Shelfield Park, Sierra Oaks Park, and Swanston Park
* Dog Park at Eastern Oak Park
NOTES: Tennis and Pickleball play is limited to singles matches only (2 players per court), Doubles play is allowed if all players reside in the same household. All players are expected to:
1. Wash your hands before coming to the park.
2. Bring hand sanitizer, water, game equipment, and face mask (recommended).
3. Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing with people not from your household.
4. Minimize or refrain from touching hard surfaces such as gates and benches.
We emphatically remind park users to follow social-distancing guidelines (maintain at least 6 feet distance from others) and follow sanitary recommendations.
Staff continues to process refunds and credits for our customers due to cancellations. For questions please contact:
· District Office: Debra Tierney, email@example.com
· Mission Oaks Community Center: Jill Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Swanston Community Center: Nicole Plumley, email@example.com
We appreciate your understanding during this rapidly evolving situation. These decisions were given serious consideration and were made based on the Governor’s executive order which stated in part “All residents are to heed by orders and guidance of state and local public health officials, including but not limited to the imposition of social distancing measures, to confront the spread of COVID-19.”
Daniel Barton, District Administrator
Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District
firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 359-1600