Updated November 12, 2020
Playgrounds remain open with safety guidelines: To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in our community, please follow these steps to help keep our outdoor playgrounds safe, fun and open:
- Wear a mask if age 2 or over
- Maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet from individuals outside your home
- No food or drink on the playground to ensure face masks are worn at all times
- Wash hands before and after playing on the playgrounds
- Avoid crowding on the playgrounds by obeying the posted capacity signs. Limit playground use to 30 minutes if others are waiting to play. Those waiting shall form a line while maintaining physical distance of at least 6 feet.
- Know when to stay home. If you are not feeling well, please do not visit our playgrounds. Elderly people, and those with underlying conditions should avoid playgrounds when others are present.
Sacramento County has been moved to Purple Tier 1 (widespread): Beginning November 13, 2020, Sacramento County has been moved from the Red Tier (substantial level) to the Purple Tier (widespread level) based on spikes of new Covid-19 cases and increased percentages of positive test results.
These cancellations and closures are in effect until further notice, and are subject to change:
· All building rentals and picnic rentals.
· All van trips
· The Mission Oaks and Swanston Community Centers are closed to the public, and classes and clubs held there are cancelled.
· The Senior Meals program
Day Camps, Childcare, and After School Programs:
* Youth afterschool, daycare and camp programs are still allowed with modifications
Athletic Field Rentals:
* The new order allows MORPD to rent and permit athletic fields for youth sports drills and conditioning. It does not allow for youth sports games, scrimmages, or simulated games. Guidelines must be submitted and followed by the renting agency. Athletic field rentals are not yet allowed for adult sports.
Community Centers and District Office:
* The Swanston Community Center and the Mission Oaks Community Center will be made available for day camps, childcare, and after school programs.
* The community centers are closed to the public. All classes, clubs, rentals and events are cancelled, or moved outside until further notice. Please refer to the website morpd.com for updates.
* Our District Office is open by appointment only on weekdays from 8:30am - 4:30pm. To make an appointment, please call (916) 488-2890.
These programs follow the schedule of the San Juan Unified School District, and will be closed until further notice.
· Preschool (being offered virtually only)
* Bridges (being offered virtually through San Juan Unified School District)
Park Operations: All MORPD parks remain open from dawn to dusk, including:
* Pickleball Courts at Eastern Oak Park
* Tennis Courts at Ashton Park, Gibbons Park, Shelfield Park, Sierra Oaks Park, and Swanston Park
* Dog Park at Eastern Oak Park
* Basketball Courts at Ashton Park, Eastern Oak Park, Gibbons Park, Swanston Park, and Windemere Park
* Futsal Court at Eastern Oak Park
NOTES: Tennis and Pickleball play is limited to singles matches only (2 players per court), Doubles play is allowed if all players reside in the same household. Basketball and Futsal play is limited to shooting, but no games are allowed at this time unless all players reside in the same household. All players are expected to:
1. Wash your hands before coming to the park.
2. Bring hand sanitizer, water, game equipment, and face mask (recommended).
3. Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing with people not from your household.
4. Minimize or refrain from touching hard surfaces such as gates and benches.
We emphatically remind park users to follow social-distancing guidelines (maintain at least 6 feet distance from others) and follow sanitary recommendations.
Staff continues to process refunds and credits for our customers due to cancellations. For questions please contact:
· District Office: Debra Tierney, email@example.com
· Mission Oaks Community Center: Jill Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Swanston Community Center: Nicole Plumley, email@example.com
We appreciate your understanding during this rapidly evolving situation. These decisions were given serious consideration and were made based on the Governor’s executive order which stated in part “All residents are to heed by orders and guidance of state and local public health officials, including but not limited to the imposition of social distancing measures, to confront the spread of COVID-19.”
Daniel Barton, District Administrator
Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District
firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 359-1600