Job Title: After School Shuttle Driver
Reports to: Recreation Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Seasonal, up to 18 hours per week (August-June). Monday-Friday 1:30-3:30PM shifts, Thursday 12:30-2:30PM.
Location: Swanston Community Center, 2350 Northrop Ave. Sacramento CA 95825
DEFINITION: Under the direction of the Supervisor of Recreation Services coordinates, implements, and assists in evaluating the After School Adventures Shuttle Program.
This position is responsible for driving a 15 passenger shuttle van on a predesigned loop to 1 or more local schools, shuttling youth to the Swanston Community Center for after school programming. Drivers must be attentive to a strict driving schedule to ensure children are picked up on time, driven safely to the program site and dropped off.
- Drive the scheduled shuttle route daily, and ensure children are picked up and dropped off safely at program site.
- Report to Community Center staff to get rosters for shuttle, and to ensure children are properly checked in to program.
- Possess a valid CA Drivers License (Class B) and clean driving record on file with the district
- Assist in enforcing rules, policies and safety requirements.
- Assist with program and class evaluation process.
- Maintain strong communication with Afterschool Program Coordinator and Community Center Supervisor.
- Represent the Park District with exemplary customer service and safe driving of a district vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Enjoy working with children in a parks and recreation setting
- Speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other district personnel, contractors, volunteers and customers.
Individual must possess a California Driver’s License (Class B) required by the State Department of Motor Vehicles; and must possess a standard or multi-media Red Cross First Aid and CPR card with AED Certification.
If interested in applying, please submit your completed application to Danny Curtola, Recreation Supervisor at (redacted)Application-for-Employment.pdf