History of Mission North Park
In Mission North Park, there is a wonderful grove of trees that the district’s Board designated as the Edwin Z’berg Memorial Grove. Mr. Z’berg was a state assemblyman who represented the area for 16 years, from 1959-1975. He was responsible for major legislation and development of park land throughout the state. Assemblyman Z’berg was one of the strongest supporters of parks and recreation programs that ever served in the California legislature. The Edwin Z’berg Memorial Grove was dedicated in ceremonies conducted in conjunction with the official dedication of the park on June 14, 1980.