JOB TITLE: Facility Monitor
DEFINITION: Under direct supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, exude superb customer service skills while performing a variety of general program, facility, and office support duties, general custodial and maintenance functions, and other job related work as required.
Pay Rate: $12/Hour
10-25 Hours Per Week
- Responsible for class and rental preparation including the set-up and breakdown/cleaning of rooms, as well as opening and closing of facility.
- Explain and ensure proper use and maintenance of district facilities and equipment.
- Perform basic custodial duties including, but not limited to: spot mopping, emptying trash, dusting, and sweeping.
- Assist with customer service support including answering phones, assisting customers with registration, and providing program information. Monitors are expected to have knowledge of all district programs, and be given adequate time to learn.
- Attend scheduled mandatory staff meetings.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and early morning shifts.
- Duties are assigned during training, and monitor is expected to uphold District Policies and Procedures.
- Recreation and community services programs and activities is highly desirable.
- Understand and use basic computer programs, audio/visual equipment, phones and other office equipment.
- Take responsibility and use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with facility user groups, staff and district management.
- Provide exemplary customer service skills.
- Read and write at the level required for successful job performance.
- Lift in excess of 40+ lbs.
- Keep a flexible work schedule.
- Work independently and take initiative.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Preferred: First Aid/CPR/AED Training or willingness to complete/recertify.
- Possess a valid CA Drivers License.
Applicants must complete Livescan Fingerprinting and TB testing.
Hiring Process: Applications are available at Mission Oaks Community Center, as well as on our website, www.morpd.com. The most qualified applicants will be selected for an oral interview.
If interested in applying, please submit an application to Rodney Dahlberg, Recreation Supervisor at (redacted) or Mission Oaks Community Center, 4701 Gibbons Dr, Carmichael, CA 95608Application for Employment.pdf