Job Title: After School Shuttle Driver
Reports to: Recreation Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Seasonal, up to 18 hours per week (August-June). Monday-Friday 1:30-3:30PM shifts, Thursday 12:30-2:30PM.
Location: Swanston Community Center, 2350 Northrop Ave. Sacramento CA 95825
DEFINITION: Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator and Recreation Supervisor, the Shuttle Driver coordinates, implements, and assists in evaluating the After School Adventures Shuttle Program.
This position is responsible for driving a 15 passenger shuttle van on a predesigned loop to 1 or more local schools, shuttling youth to the Swanston Community Center for after school programming. Drivers must be attentive to a strict driving schedule to ensure children are picked up on time, driven safely to the program site and dropped off.
- Drive the scheduled shuttle route daily, and ensure children are picked up and dropped off safely at program site.
- Report to Community Center staff to get rosters for shuttle, and to ensure children are properly checked in to program.
- Possess a valid CA Drivers License (Class B) and clean driving record on file with the district
- Assist in enforcing rules, policies and safety requirements.
- Assist with program and class evaluation process.
- Maintain strong communication with After School Program Team Lead and Recreation Coordinator.
- Represent the Park District with exemplary customer service and safe driving of a district vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Enjoy working with children in a parks and recreation setting
- Speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other district personnel, contractors, volunteers and customers.
Individual must possess a California Driver’s License (Class B) required by the State Department of Motor Vehicles; and must possess a standard or multi-media Red Cross First Aid and CPR card with AED Certification.
If interested in applying, please submit your completed application to Miranda Nelson, Recreation Coordinator at (redacted)Application-for-Employment.pdf